Re: [amibroker] Re: problems with IB plugin

Hello,

There is a new version of the plugin that you can try:
http://www.amibroker.com/bin/ib181/IB.dll

1.8.1- newest version (beta), released October 22, 2008
CHANGES:
+ due to possible ambiguity of SMART routing when same symbol is traded with multiple currencies, IB now allows to specify CURRENCY
in a symbol. The symbol format is: SYMBOL-EXCHANGE-TYPE-CURRENCY.
+ all symbols that do not have explicit currency specification use USD now (except forex).
The default currency is USD and it is used nothing is specified as 4th part of symbol. So for example MSFT gets internally resolved
to MSFT-SMART-STK-USD

Please try it and please tell me if it helps (I can't verify that because I did not have problems you and Joe were having, so it is
come kind of guesswork).

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com