[amibroker] Re: Inline Backtester Metrics

SYSTEM PERFORMANCE INDICATORS

//P_System Performance IndicatorsI_v4

/*

v4 Renames the formulas to System Performance Indicators from
InlineMetrics,
Adds multiple systems - with system EquityFactors combined into a
PortfolioEquityFactor,

Portfolio Emulation uses rebalancing......the system equity and the
individual trades are rebalanced on a bar by bar basis........capital
is divided equally between the number of systems and then between the
number of stocks, that have open trades, in each system.

Note: rebalancing needs the trade series arrays to be generated by
code that accounts for open equity i.e. records the trade,as %, on a
bar by bar basis, from the time a buy is made up until it is sold.
The rebalanced Portfolio emulation used is nominal - it is a personal
choice whether it reflects a real world trading portfolio or not.

The code used to generate and record the trade factor arrays is
immature. It is used for demonstration purposes only and will not
stand up to real world trading e.g. it doesn't allow for stops etc or
situations where the next sell that comes along is a match for a buy
that occurred 2 or 3 trades ago.
To change to more robust signals OR signals that perform another
function e.g. calculates Open Equity......as a starting point, change
from the B,S code up to, AND including the ConfirmedBuy (CB) AND
ConfirmedSell(CS) i.e. as long as CB AND CS have integrity the rest
of the code, as written, should still work.

NOMENCLATURE

B = Buy
S = Sell
BP = BuyPrice
SP = SellPrice
M to F = Monday to Friday
TF = TradeFactor == win OR loss as % (expressed as GrowthFactor in
this example)
TFZ = tradesNot, and it's matheamtical derivatives, are recorded as
zero to prevent propogation of Null values.
GF = GrowthFactor e.g. 3% win == 1.03
EF = EquityFactor = progressive product of bar by bar GF (array)
PEF = PortfolioEquityFactor = matrix (arrays) of individual stock EF
OR system EF mathematically conditioned to emulate different
Portfolios that use MM methods
PTF = PortfolioTradeFactor
MM - MoneyManagement
BE = BreakEven trade (commissions excluded)
CB = ConfirmedBuy
CS = ConfirmedSell
SEF = System Equity Factor
STFSum = SystemTradeFactorSum
STFZ = SystemTradeFactor - zero format

*/

//PART IA - TRADE SERIES MODULE - CLOSED TRADE EQUITY - (ONLY ONE
TRADE PER SYMBOL OPEN AT A TIME)

Filter = 1;

STFSum = 0;
Count = 0;

STFSum1 = 0;
Count1 = 0;

list = CategoryGetSymbols( categoryWatchlist, 0 );

for( i = 0; ( symbol = StrExtract(list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )

{

SetForeign(symbol);

B = Cross( C,MA(C,10));
S = Cross( MA(C,10),C);
B = Flip(B,S);
BP = SP = C;
CS = B == 0 AND Ref(B,-1) == 1;
CB = B == 1 AND Ref(B,-1) == 0;

TF = IIf(CS,SP/ValueWhen(CB, BP,1),1);
TFZ = IIf(CS,SP/ValueWhen(CB, BP,1),0);//reconfigure tradeNOTs to zero

TFFlag = IIf(CS,1,0);

STFSum = STFSum + TFZ;
Count = Count + TFFlag;

Plot(TF,"TradeFactor" + "-" + symbol,i + 1,1);
AddColumn(TFZ,"TFZ" + "-" + symbol,1.9);

///////////////////////////////////

//Duplicate Code with a different trading system

M = DayOfWeek() == 1;
F = DayOfWeek() == 5;
BI = BarIndex()== 0;

B1 = M;
S1 = F OR BI;

B1 = Flip(B1,S1);

BP1 = SP1 = C;

CS1 = B1 == 0 AND Ref(B1,-1) == 1;
CB1 = B1 == 1 AND Ref(B1,-1) == 0;

TF1 = IIf(CS1,SP1/ValueWhen(CB1, BP1,1),1);
TFZ1 = IIf(CS1,SP1/ValueWhen(CB1, BP1,1),0);

TFFlag1 = IIf(CS1,1,0);

STFSum1 = STFSum1 + TFZ1;
Count1 = Count1 + TFFlag1;

Plot(TF1,"TradeFactor1" + "-" + symbol,i + 1,1);
AddColumn(TFZ1,"TFZ1" + "-" + symbol,1.9);

////////////////////////////////////

RestorePriceArrays();

}

STFZ = IIf(Count == 0,1,STFSum/Count);

STFZ1 = IIf(Count1 == 0,1,STFSum1/Count1);

noSystems = 2;//the number of systems in the Portfolio being traded
simultaneously - manual input required,

PTF = (STFZ + STFZ1)/2;

//non-looping EF calculation

PEF = 1;

PEF = exp(Cum(log(PTF)));
//Plot(PEF,"PortfolioEF",5,1);

Plot(PTF,"PorfolioTF",colorBlue,1);

//Plot(Count,"Count",colorBlue,1);

AddColumn(STFSum,"SystemTFSum",1.9);
AddColumn(Count,"Count",1.2);
AddColumn(STFZ,"SystemTFZ",1.9);
AddColumn(STFSum1,"SystemTFSum1",1.9);
AddColumn(Count1,"Count1",1.2);
AddColumn(STFZ1,"SystemTFZ1",1.9);
AddColumn(PEF,"PorfolioEF",1.9);

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> [...]
>
> }
>

> interimPTF = PTFSum/Count;
>
> PTF = IIf(Count == 0,1,interimPTF);
>
> //non-looping EF calculation
>
> PEF = 1;
>
> PEF = exp(Cum(log(PTF)));
> //Plot(PEF,"PortfolioEF",5,1);
>

> Plot(PTF,"PorfolioTF",colorBlue,1);
>
> //Plot(Count,"Count",colorBlue,1);
>
> AddColumn(Count,"Count",1.2);
> AddColumn(PTFSum,"PorfolioTFSum",1.9);
> AddColumn(PTF,"PorfolioTF",1.9);
> AddColumn(PEF,"PorfolioEF",1.9);
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@> wrote:
> >
> > Here is an elective period StDevP for a non-continuous dataset
> >
> > //PART 1B - Elective Period StandardDeviation Of The Trade Series
> >

> > Trades = IIf(CS,TSFactor,0);//reconfigures trade series so that
> > tradesNOT == 0,
> >
> > TradeFlag = IIf(CS,1,0);//returns 1 for every trade
> >
> > Period = Param("Periods",20,1,100,1);
> >
> > ST = Sum(Trades,Period);//Sums Trades
> > STS = Sum(Trades^2,Period);//Sums the TradesSquared
> > CT = Sum(TradeFlag,Period);//Counts the Trades
> >
> > StandardDevP = sqrt(  STS/CT - (ST/CT)^2  );//uses Ken Closes
> > restated StDev equation,
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@>
wrote:

> > > I added progressive StDevP,of the trade series, to the code.
> > >
> > > //P_InLineMetricsI_v2
> > >
> > > /*
> > >
> > > v2  renames some variables (to clarify nomenclature and prepare
> for
> > > later code),
> > >
> > > confirms Buy/Sell signals to allow trade counting AND
accounting
> > for
> > > BreakEven trades,
> > >
> > > adds cumulative Standard Deviation of the trade series.
> > >
> > > Monday is used as the Buy example because it is unambiguous.
> > > Typically most markets have Mon OR Fri public holidays so it
> allows
> > > for checking code response to non-paireds buys AND sells
(Signal
> > > errors).
> > > BarIndex() == 0 is added as an initial Buy condition to
> workaround
> > > the propogating of {empty} values that can arise in the first
few
> > > bars.
> > > A Buy latch is used so that only one trade can be entered at a
> time
> > > AND every Sell must have a corresponding Buy.
> > > Plots the TradeSeriesFactor, as GrowthFactor, which is
equivalent
> > > % (tradesNOT are recorded as GF == 1).
> > > Since commissions aren't considered the Equity outcome for
break
> > even
> > > trades (GF also == 1) is correct.
> > > The progressive product of the GF is equivalent to the
compounded
> > > Equity Curve for an initial fixed capital investment
> > > (this assumes the trades are sequential).
> > > If the Initial Equity is 1 the EqCurve is the standardised
Equity
> [...]
> > > the initial allocation).
> > > Equity == Initial Equity * EF
> > >

> > > */
> > >

> > > //PART IA TRADE SERIES MODULE (CLOSED TRADE EQUITY - ONLY ONE
> TRADE
> > > PER SYMBOL OPEN AT A TIME)
> > >
> > > Filter = 1;//allows code to run as an exploration for code
testing

> > > M = DayOfWeek() == 1;
> > > F = DayOfWeek() == 5;
> > > BI = BarIndex()== 0;
> > >

> > > B = M;//Buy on Monday
> > > S = F OR BI;//first bar set to sell and then sell on Friday's
> > > thereafter
> > >
> > > B = Flip(B,S);//latches the Buy signal to prevent concurrent
buys

> > > BP = SP = C;//BuyPrice, SellPrice
> > >
> > > CS = B == 0 AND Ref(B,-1) == 1;//Confirms the sell (it has
exited
> > > from a latched buy)
> > > CB = B == 1 AND Ref(B,-1) == 0;//Confirms buy (it enters a
> latched
> > > buy)
> > >

> > > //Plot(B,"Buy",5,1);
> > > //Plot(S,"Sell",2,1);
> > >
> > > //Plot(CB,"Buy",5,1);
> > > //Plot(CS,"Sell",2,1);
> > >

> > > //Plot(BP,"BuyPrice",5,1);
> > > //Plot(SP,"SellPrice",2,1);
> > >
> > > TSFactor = IIf(CS,SP/ValueWhen(CB, BP,1),1);//TradeSeriesFactor
> as
> > > GrowthFactor
> > >
> > > // next section to be changed to log/antilog to avoid need for
> > looping
> > >
> > > EF = 1;//initialises EquityFactor to 1
> > >
> > > for (i = 1; i < BarCount; i++)
> > > {
> > > EF[i] = EF[i-1] * TSFactor[i];
> > > }
> > >
> > > //Plot(EF,"EquityFactor",5,1);
> > >

> > > //PART 1B - Progressive StandardDeviation Of The Trade Series
> > >

> > > Trades = IIf(CS,TSFactor,0);//reconfigures trade series so that
> > > tradesNOT == 0,
> > >
> > > TradeFlag = IIf(CS,1,0);//returns 1 for every trade
> > > ST = Cum(Trades);//Sums Trades
> > > STS = Cum(Trades^2);//Sums the TradesSquared
> > > CT = Cum(TradeFlag);//Counts the Trades
> > >
> > > StandardDevP = sqrt(  STS/CT - (ST/CT)^2  );//uses Ken Closes
> > > restated StDev equation,
> > >
> > > //Plot(,"",1,1); plot template for copy and paste
> > >
> > > //Plot(Trades,"Trades",1,1);
> > > //Plot(TradeFlag,"TradeFlag",1,1);
> > > //Plot(ST,"SumTrades",2,1);
> > > //Plot(CT,"CountTrades",3,1);
> > > //Plot(STS,"SumTradesSquared",2,1);
> > >
> > > Plot(StandardDevP,"Cumulative StDevP",6,1);
> > >

> > > //Exploration report columns for code testing via manual export
> > > spreadhsheet,
> > >
> > > // tested OK with a sample of 48 closed trades (3 were
breakeven
> > > trades) - StDevP agreed with Excel StDevP calculations to 4 or
5
> > > decimal places
> > >

> > > AddColumn(Trades,"Trades",1.9);
> > > AddColumn(ST,"SumTrades",1.9);
> > > AddColumn(CT,"TradesCount",1.0);
> > > AddColumn(STS,"SumTradesSquared",1.9);
> > >
> > > AddColumn(StandardDevP,"StandardDevTrades",1.9);

O.K

> is
> > at

Buy