[amibroker] Re: RT chart not updating !!!

Hi,
I had a hard time with Amibroker and IQFeed support, both being
useless. Although they both tryed their best. I think it is
Amibroker to blaim otherwise IQFeed would have been out of business.

You are right that when I restart AB all thata gets filled correctly,
but it is ONLY in that moment when it starts. From that moment on
the chart is not updating unless I do "force backfill".
I have AB installed on my laptop and my desktop and I get exactly
the same problems, with exactly THE SAME symbols.
My chart timings are less than 0.01sec so no problems here.

I also have some delay in the datafeed, it varies from symbol to
symbol but it is in the order of a few seconds, usually no more than
5sec. I think this could be because IQ servers are in US and I live
in UK. I am not happy with that delay but at the moment I have
bigger problems than that.

And most  symbols are updating correctly but to me it makes AB
useless for day trading if I can't see the volume or the chart is
completely frozen.

I get all sorts of other problems with AB detabase, like each symbol
backfills to a different historical date. For example BRCM has
quotes going 31 days back while RIMM only 20. And that all is with a
database setting of 72 days.

I did try to delete the database, create a new one and backfill it
with data but that doesn't help.

Regards

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "monitorit" <monitorit@xxx> wrote:

> Hi przemyslawuk,
> Im also having RTdata update problems and have had the problem
since
> I started with RT data.  Im using ABpro 5.05 and DON'T use IQfeed.
>
> Charts, RTQuote window and Time&Sales are all perfect with up to
the
> second quotes until they start slowly falling behind about 2pm
> eastern time.  By 2:30 all these windows (for all stock symbols)
are
> about 120 seconds late... the quotes keep coming into AB but are
> slowly being delayed somehow.  Over the next 15 minutes they speed
up
> to become up to the second in all these windows.  BUT, the problem
> starts again about 3:30 so that by 3:40 the quotes are 60 seconds
> late and over the next 20 minutes they gradually fall further
behind
> so that by 4pm the quotes are 360 seconds behind.  The 4pm
(closing)
> quotes finally came in at 4:09 today!!!
>
> I have a networked second computer running a program to my broker
> that documents the time delay and excluding my internet connection
as
> the problem.  Also, if I quit AB and restart it, the new quotes
are
> immediately on time.  [You might want to check this for your
problem--
>  though I don't see it as any longterm solution.]  It almost seems
> like quotes are 'caught' in a queue at these times - when trading
> volume is higher than most other times of day.
>
> Very frustrating and no resolution from AB support or quote/plugin
> provider.  This computer has plenty of horsepower, runs vista32,
> indexing off in AB folder, no other programs running.  Chart
refresh
> from 0 to 10 sec makes no difference.  My db is 1 minute bars
(only
> 100 symbols, only high volume stocks and only 7400 bars/symbol).
Do
> you know how to determine the best settings for the
preferences>Data
> tab cache size, megabytes, bars to load?
>
> Dan
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "przemyslawuk" <przemyslawuk@>
> wrote:
> >
> > symbols are not set to local, continuous is true.
> > quote editor shows the same values as the chart-correct values
> until
> > 15.15 and then 0.
> > you can see the volume untill 15.15 only because at 15.15 I
> > did "force backfill".
> >
> > maybe a stupid question, but would the bad data filter have to
do
> > something with that?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "murthysuresh" <money@> wrote:
> > >
> > > check the attached screenshot and make sure that your symbols
are
> > not
> > > set to local and continous contracts =true
> > > http://screencast.com/t/4pCmTKzX
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "przemyslawuk"
<przemyslawuk@>

> > computers,