From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fred Tonetti
Sent: Friday, 23 May 2008 11:36 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Quad-core test results

Paul,

Interesting and no I can’t say that I have looked into it.

I would think the drawback to this approach would be that while this very well might work as you say, in an intelligent optimization the work being done by each IO / AB / (CPU / Core) combination cannot really be cooperative per se.  This is because unlike an exhaustive search there is no way to logically split an intelligent optimization except on a generation by generation basis which implies there would have to be communication and/or control between each generation i.e. in order for it to be cooperative I would think there would need to be a higher level piece of software controlling what was happening with each IO / AB combination … or … there would need to be an IOServer like program running for each CPU / Core beyond the first one that gets treated like a sort of local server to the client.