[amibroker] Re: Possible new IB data plugin problem

Hi Tomasz,

I initiated this thread because I encountered a
sudden "disappearance" of AB at the end of a 1-year backfill of a
single security (with 1-minute interval).  The problem is
reproducible (IB.DLL 1.7.0, AB 5.00.1, TWS 882.2, Win XP SP2).  Since
the backfill happens in chunks of 5 (and later 4) days, almost all
the data and be captured and saved manually (before AB quits).  So
getting the data is not the problem here.  The problem is that AB
quits at the end of 1-year backfills.

There is another thing with 1-year backfills I noticed.  I need RTH
only (9:30am - 3:59pm) and have the appropriate setting set in the
database settings.  However, after the first 100-110 days or so the
remaining data (140+ days) is from 9:30am to 4:59pm taking
unnecessary space and resources for the extra hour.

Thanks and regards,
Don

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> And it doesn't have to be repeated.
>
> 1. Go to File->Database Settings and make sure that you
select "number of bars" large enough.
> For 1 year it requires 260days * 8hours * 60 minutes per hour =
125000 bars for STOCKS
> and 3 times more (375000) for futures (since 24 hours trading).
>
> 2. Go to File->Database Settings->Intraday settings and
UNCHECK "Request data on save".