[amibroker] Re: System Performance Indicators [was: Can someone fix this OLE code?]

Is there a script equivalent to WindowsScriptHost for people using
other OS i.e. would that be a reason for me to steer away from AB on
a Mac?

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> There is an AFL function for SINGLE SECURITY backtest - Equity.
> But there won't be single AFL function for portfolio backtest
simply because
> the portfolio backtest is way too lenghty and complex process that
would be otherwise
> abused (when implemented) by placing it in indicators that are
supposed to execute BELOW 1 second.
> It is BAD BAD BAD idea to put portfolio backtest in indicator as
indicators as part of the GUI
> need to be refreshed with EVERY ZOOM, every resize, every ticker
change, every selection change.
> Running portfolio backtest every time that happens is simply CRAZY.
>
> As to what Fred did in the past was OLE-DRIVEN anyway (involved
external OLE control)
> it did NOT run from indicator, it DID NOT run fast, it DID NOT
produce any indicator other than
> equity chart that is exactly the same as current one.
>
> Now the SAME can be achieved by 2 (TWO) lines of script:
>
> AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");
> AB.Analysis.Backtest(0);
>
> but 10+ times faster. Plus now you have custom backtester where you
can export
> ANY metric and PLOT IT IF YOU WANT !!!!
> =================================
>
> The entire HYSTERIA about NOT writing script is ridiculous.
> What's the deal about writing two lines, saving the text file
with .JS extension
> and double clicking it?
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

ositionscoring
> > and position sizing. Since Fred has done this before, may be he
can
> > comment further or if he is generous enough, dig out his code and
> > post it again.
> >
> > Essentially, this function can be called in your indicator afl.
In