RE: [amibroker] Fitness Criteria that incorporates Walk Forward Result

Paul,

I understand what you are saying but I’m not sure what you do with the combined fitness when you get it … Do you use it to compare different systems to each other ?

Personally from the perspective of multiple automated WF’s I am more interested in … When to reoptimize …

IO already has the capability to reoptimize based on:

- Some static amount of time occurring during the OOS i.e.

//IO: WFAuto: Rolling: 2: Weeks

- or in some undefined amount of time based on some number of long/short entries/exits etc i.e.

//IO: WFAuto: Rolling: 2: LongEntrys

What I’ve been playing with recently is something a little different that is also based on a variable amount of time in the OOS i.e. the capability to automatically reoptimize when some condition related to the performance metrics occurs during the out of sample period i.e. MDD goes beyond some static threshold or when it goes beyond some relationship to the same or different performance metrics of in sample.

For example …

Assume the In Sample Performance Metrics are prefaced by IS and Out of Sample Performance Metrics are prefaced by OS then one should be able to write ( in terms of IO Directives )

//IO: WFAuto: Rolling: Condition: OSMDD > 10 or OSMDD > 0.75 * ISMDD

In reality I suspect this is what most people actually do i.e. find some yardstick(s) that tell them their system is broken or about to be broken and then reoptimize at that time.