[amibroker] Re: need intraday historical data for 3 major index

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard B" <howardbandy@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Bill --
>
> I see data from 1/1/2007, but not back to 2000.  Each day is in a
separate
> file.  The ones in the MetaStock column unzip into a .csv file with one
> minute data for several of the major currency pairs.  Working with
365 csv
> data files to put one year together would be cumbersome.

It is not something to do by hand. You can write a simple script to
unzip the files and combine them into one big file, then import that
into AB.

If you put all the 2007 files in one directory and run this command on
Linux (probably will work on a Mac too) it will do it for you:

for f in `ls *.zip`;do zcat  $f |grep -v "^<" >>2007.csv;done

It's harder on Windows because the zcat and grep commands do not
exist. I'd probably write a Python script if I had to do it on Windows.

> Am I missing the earlier data, and are there more continuous data
files for
> individual pairs?

As has been pointed out, there are links at the bottom of the page for
previous years. No continuous files.

Bill