Re: [amibroker] Re: AB tick bar analysis

Hello,

Did you read the User's Guide?
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_ib.html
especially "notes on IB API limitations"?

It was discussed many times. IB is NOT tick feed. It does NOT send
ticks and any tick chart is wrong.

It sends only 0.3 second snapshots instead of ticks
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/2/37364.html

Even more, it sends duplicate events if volume changes or does not
send price events if only volume changes. Net result is that
different softwares interpret those "ticks" differently. The reason for this
is that IB was NEVER designed to feed any charting application and the
feed was designed to update TWS price grid only.

The reason why you get more ticks in InvestorRT is because they interpret
both tickPrice and tickSize as separate ticks, while in fact they are
duplicates and should not be count separate.

The timestamp resolution is by design and has nothing to do with tick mode
that does not really checks any timestamps.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com