[amibroker] Re: ATC Sector group structure

First, are you sure you lost them? IF you deleted them you may be able
to restore them from the Recycle Bin. But before you go looking there
open AmiBroker, go to File/database settings and find where your
database is stored, its path and name. Use MyComputer to open the
folder using the path you found above to see if that contains the
database. If that database doesn't exist look in the AmiBroker folder,
typically in C:\Program Files\AmiBroker and look for the name of the
database there. If you find the database open the folder and look in
one of the alphabetic files to see if the symbols are there, like open
the A folder and see if it has symbols in it. If symbols exist there
and the size of the file is not 1KB you have the data but you may have
lost the path in AB. Make sure the path is what you expect for your
database. IF not change the path to the database folder in
Tools/Preferences/Data, your default data path. If the data is really
there you may have gotten your database back if the path got messed up.
This can happen if you create a new database and make it the default.

Else you may have to start over, create a new database and download the
data from Yahoo or wherever you go the data in the first place.

You just ran into a good reason to back up your database periodically.
But with broadband it is pretty fast to just download the data rather
than copying the database even though the latter is much slower. One
reason is that you get updates to the data, corrections, splits, etc. I
download data from yahoo about once a year just for that reason.

Barry