Re: [amibroker] Amiquote - Yahoo Current is not current

It also depends on what symbols you are retrieving.  In Yahoo's
unfathomable wisdom, they keep historical data on many symbols, but
not all, while providing current data even on those there is zero
historical data for.

So if you want, say, ^CFA, or ^NYK, you have to run current.  If you
run historical you will get the 404 'not found' error on those.

I only run about 20 US symbols, mostly indices including VIX.  So I
just run current when I wake up, and historical over the same batch
before dinner.  But then I live on the dark side of the world.  Your
solar day may be different than mine.  ^_^

Yuki

The obvious downside of keeping data on symbols with no historical
quotes is that if you miss a day, it's gone forever, unless you know
someone else who can fill you in.  So you have to have (hint, TJ)
some automation that will do this for you if you are, say, hiking in
rural Xinjiang and there is a UFO hovering between you and the
communications satellite you are trying to connect to.  For me,
keystroke automation is much easier than OLE whatever. Unfortunately,
I still cannot select either 'historical' or 'current' using
keystrokes in Amiquote. So I get only 'current' when transiting
alternative realities, and update the 'historical' when I get back to
Earth.