[amibroker] Re: Regression Line Slope

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> They work for all charts, including price charts. So it will work OK
> as long as you use the code in the chart.
>
> However if you run it from Automatic Analysis - it won't - as there
is no "Y axis" in AA
> and no chart dimensions because there is no chart.

Hi Tomasz,

Status("axismaxy"), Status("axisminy"), Status("pxwidth"), and
Status("pxheight") all return zero. I suspect it is because I am
running Amibroker under Linux and wine cannot handle the API calls
those functions make.

In any case, I don't think they would be helpful. The regression line
slope does not change when the chart is rescaled which is the behavior
I need. The problem is the wide variation in possible slopes between
different time frames. What I need is a way to 'normalize' the range
of slopes. I think I found a way to do that. I divide the slope by the
ATR. I have not thoroughly tested it yet but so far it seems to work
pretty well.

Bill