[amibroker] Re: once again, how do I duplicate an entire pane of formulas

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Homar Simpson" <x77777x@xxx> wrote:

>   Have a collection of custom indicators in a sheet. (The sheet is in
> the hidden d&d folder)
>
>   I want to copy these and resave under a new name, in the custome
folder

>   AB will not let me rename the afl sheet it uses. It reverts back to
> the original name automatically.
>
>   Whats the problem?

As I understand it so far:

A pane displays plots from AFL along with drawing objects.

A sheet displays multiple panes.

A "chart window" displays multiple sheets.

There is no way to copy/paste/save-as a sheet.

There is no way to copy/paste/save-as a chart window.

These limitations, IMO, are extremely unfortunate - to be completely
candid, I find them to be a major obstacle very time I open AB to work
with it.

Furthermore, they appear to be deeply rooted in the architecture of
the program.  I say "appear to be" because (obviously) I don't have
the source code to examine, nor am I privileged to read TJs thoughts
on the history and current state of AB design.

No news would be more welcome than to hear that these features are
simple additions that will appear soon.  I don't think that's true
though because the current way that layout files and drag-drop work
would need a major revision that would be alot of work and would
render a new version incompatible with the old (speculation, yes, but
as a programmer myself, I do believe it is accurate).

Speaking as a user, being able to copy/paste/save-as at every level of
 construction (pane, sheet, chart, layout) is what would make smooth
and efficient daily workflow possible.  I don't know what the future
agenda for AB is, but for me, it is hard to imagine anything more
important than a comprehensive improvement in these areas, regardless
of how long it takes or how big a project it is.