[amibroker] Re: Regression Line Slope

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> If you want to see correspondence between what you see ON SCREEN -
i.e. the "visual angle" (which is NOT constant)
> you need to perform FACTOR calculations based on
> a) PIXEL dimensions of chart window
> b) number of bars currently displayed
> c) Ymin/max range of Y axis
>
> PixelFactor = Status("pxheight")/Status("pxwidth");
> XYFactor =
(Status("axismaxy")-Status("axisminy"))/(Status("lastvisiblebarindex")-Status("firstvisiblebarindex"));

> FACTOR = PixelFactor / XYFactor;
>
> ANGLE=atan(FACTOR*(Y1-Y0)/(X1-X0));

Hi Tomasz,

I am trying to use the slope of a regression line to indicate strength
of trend. As you point out, when the chart gets rescaled, the slope
changes so I cannot trust my eye to gauge the slope.

The solution I came up with is similar to what you posted here. I
tried to divide the regression line slope by what you call the
XYFactor to come up with a reference number that won't change when the
chart is rescaled.

I can't get past calculating your XYFactor because Status("axismaxy")
and Status("axisminy") return zero for the price chart, apparently
they only work correctly in indicator windows.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Bill