[amibroker] Re: Quote Editor

Tim is answering your original question so stick with him on that one.

I brought up the Yahoo 'current bar' approach in case you hadn't
heard about it (I had forgotten that you use Premium data) - it seems
it would be better than manually constructing your own
temporary 'current bars'.

> ,,,from what you mentioned leaving AQ running i'm now wondering if
>it's possible to use that function to have an intra day 5min chart
>streaming on a single stock (day trading),,,?

No - not as such.
It is not a true intraday chart so you don't have 5 min bars - it
builds the one bar (like a progress to date bar) - it can refresh at
the one minute rate but it is always delayed (youy are seeing what
happened minute by minute 20 mins ago).

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "paulradge" <paulradge@xxx> wrote:

> Hello Brian and Tim,,,
>                                ok looks like i'm way off track here
and a little lost with your reply's too,,,

> i download my EOD from Premium Data ,,,however i think your both
suggesting for what i want to do is that i load/create a different
data base and load from say yahoo with AQ,,,

>   so what i think i need to do is create a new data base,,,ie
tempdatabase,,,and then use AQ continuously running to up date the
stock ie BHP and note that the high/low/close will vary through out
the day ,,and then at the end of the day switch back over to my
Premium Data database to run explorations and view my open positions