Re: [amibroker] Quote Editor

Paul,

I think you can just temporarily change your data source to local database (File / Database Settings) or temporarily change the Use only local database setting to yes under Symbol / Information. Don't think there's a need to create a separate database.
----- Original Message -----
From: paulradge
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Quote Editor

Hello Brian and Tim,,,
                               ok looks like i'm way off track here and a little lost with your reply's too,,,

i download my EOD from Premium Data ,,,however i think your both suggesting for what i want to do is that i load/create a different data base and load from say yahoo with AQ,,,

  so what i think i need to do is create a new data base,,,ie tempdatabase,,,and then use AQ continuously running to up date the stock ie BHP and note that the high/low/close will vary through out the day ,,and then at the end of the day switch back over to my Premium Data database to run explorations and view my open positions

Brian ,,,from what you mentioned leaving AQ running i'm now wondering if it's possible to use that function to have an intra day 5min chart streaming on a single stock (day trading),,,?

many thanks to both of you
regards
Paul

Paul,

What data source are you using? I think this will only
work if you are using
a local database. You can try temporarily changing the
"Use only local
database" setting to yes for the ticker you are
working with. Just don't
forget to change it back if you are normally accessing
data via a plugin.