[amibroker] Re: Problem with mixed database and TimeFrameSet

Thanks for pointing out the O vs 0 error.

Generally speaking: If functionality isn't easily available straight
from the box, and a workaround would involve something like writing a
COM object for a total beginner, that would be disappointing - agree?
Now, perhaps no workarounds are needed - but then why didn't you say
so specificly instead of hinting that it might not be needed?

Perhaps I'm biased, but in this cruel world I'm not used to support
services handling "petty" inquiries like this ones - only
installation issues and critical errors. But! Perhaps I'm all
wrong! (Or maybe it's Christmas!) I'll certainly lower my threshold
for emailing support next time. I just figured the Yahoo mailing list
would be easier/quicker.

Obviously when you're dealing with internet mailing lists/newsgroups
one has to take information for what it is. However, when someone
puts out wrong/misleading information, there's usually also people
who are thrilled to set the record straight.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> What is disappointing and what workarounds ?
> Why do you rely on opinion that you got from here instead of
contacting support ?

> First of all your code has a major mistake, becuase you have typed
0 (zero)
> instead of O (the LETTER "O"). If you did type correctly the O (or
OPEN)
> the result of your formula would be correct without any workarounds.
>
> OpeningGap = (0 - Ref (C, -1)); // ERROR HERE !
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
TimeFrameSet