Re: [amibroker] Re: Dumb question - please help? Sizing AmiBroker

Thanks dave_88_1961. I did what you suggested and it worked for some reason but didn't when I tried it before I sent my ORIGINAL email.

My problem is FIXED!

Thanks:
David Fitch
Tomasz
dave_88_1961

This group is THE BEST.
Happy Holidays,
George Loyd

dave_88_1961 wrote:

George,

Press the restore button and AB window disappears, if that is the
problem

then click on AB icon on the taskbar with the right mouse button

Pick ''move'' then press one of the arrows on the keyboard and after
you press the arrow, move the mouse to see if AB appears on the
screen.

Not sure if it will help your problem.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, George Loyd <grloyd@xxx> wrote:

> No Tomasz it does NOT JUST WORK!
>
> I currently have 17 various programs open over the 4 monitors. With 16
> of the programs the upper right hand minimize-maximize buttons works
as
> they should.
>
> For AmiBroker they do NOT work correctly: Only two states work for
> AmiBroker - either the window is totally minimized or totally
maximized.
> I have no ability to resize the window. the MOVE option seems to
> function but will NOT actually move AmiBroker to another screen.
>
> I accept that it probably is a 3rd party application that caused the
> problem - but "why" for only AmiBroker and no other application?
>
> I have been using computers since 1983 (the first IBM PC), so I am not
> complete computer novice.
>
> I would just like some suggestions on how I might go about fixing my
> problem.
>
> Thanks for responding.
> George Loyd]
>

> Tomasz Janeczko wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > It just works.
> >
> > And there can't be a AB bug here because NO line of AB code is used
> > minimize/maximize window.
> >
> > Minimizing/maximizing windows is ENTIRELY done by Windows itself and
> > AB has nothing to do with that.
> >
> > If it does not work you either:
> >
> > a) did not press correct button (you should press "restore" button
> > which is the one in the middle (note that this button
> > is actually "toggle" it maximizes or RESTORES (back and forth) so
you
> > need to take a closer look what's its state
> > Also note that it may happen that "restored" window is large enough
so
> > it appears as "maximized" while it isn't.
> > The difference is easy to spot out as "restored window" has dotted
> > sizing GRIP in the lower right corner, while
> > maximized window does not have it. So click the middle button until
> > there is a sizing grip in the lower right corner and THEN
> > resize. Alternatively you can click on AmiBroker button in the
Windows
> > TASK BAR with RIGHT mouse button and
> > choose "Size" from the menu.
> >
> > b) installed 3rd party programs that affect normal operation of
> > Windows (I have seen all kind of weird "utilities" that
> > hook into the system and do some weird things.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com

__