[amibroker] Re: Market Facitation Index

Hello chic195a,

MFI is a built-in indicator in AmiBroker.
If you go to the charts tab in the workspace you can find in in the
idicators list.
Right click on the formula >> click on edit >> and you will be able to
read the formula behind the indicator.

No, there is no explanation of it in AB (it's not included in the
manual in the Indicator section).

It's a volume indicator  so you can use it with any type of price chart.

Here's a breakdown explanation to get you started with AFL.

//IN AFL YOU CAN WRITE YOUR OWN FUNCTIONS
//THIS IS A SIMPLE EXAMPLE

function MarketFacilitationIndex()
{
  return ( High - Low )/Volume;
}

//LATER YOU CAN RUN THE FUNCTION CODE BY CALLING IT (REFERRNG TO IT BY
NAME)

mfac = MarketFacilitationIndex();
rm = ROC( mfac, 1 );
rv = ROC( Volume, 1 );

//COLORS ARE THEN APPLIED TO THE INDICATORS TO HELP PROVIDE
//VISUAL CLUES WHEN THEY ARE PLOTTED

Color = IIf( rm > 0 AND rv > 0, colorGreen,
		 IIf( rm < 0 AND rv < 0, colorBlue,
		 IIf( rm > 0 AND rv < 0, colorGrey40,
		 IIf( rm < 0 AND rv > 0, colorRed,
colorLightGrey ) ) ) );

Plot( mfac, _DEFAULT_NAME(), Color, ParamStyle("Style", styleHistogram
| styleThick, maskHistogram ) );

So the colors show what the current state of the indicator is -
differentiating between the four possible conditions (rm is either up
or down and rv is either up or down compared to the previous bar).

brian_z