RE: [amibroker] Simple plottext format

Ron,

You are not the only one with problematical brain gaskets!

Here is some simple plottext code:  I pasted  in some other code to insure that it works.

PlotText("      "+" C= "+LastValue(C),BarCount,LastValue(C),colorBlack);

PlotText("\n      "+" V= "+LastValue(V),BarCount,LastValue(C),colorBlack);

Here is the deal.

The first line shows the closing price just to the right of the last bar on any chart.

The second line shows the Volume just to the right of the last bar and one space below it.

Now look at the construction of the first line, and the second line has the same construction.  So we will look only at the first line.

At the beginning of the first line after Plottext, the spaces in quotes say I want that much space to the right.

Then we print “C= “

Then we show the actual Close price C with Lastvalue(C).  We have to say lastvalue © because c is an array, and the function needs a number, not an array.

Next we want the X, and Y position.  They have to be numbers also, not arrays.  So, barcount is a number, Good, that takes care of X.  Now, how high is it on the screen (in dollars).  There we use our old buddy Lastvalue(C) again.

Finally we say what color.

Oh, and one more thing: On the second line the \n says put the second line one space below the first line stuff.

Final item: watch out for arrays, we need numbers!!

Grover Yowell