Re: [amibroker] Re: How to Calculate Probabilities and Statistics?

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Thomas Ludwig <Thomas.Ludwig@xxx>
>
> wrote:
> > Brian,
> >
> > that's an excellent example.
>
> It is Tomasz's work.

I was aware of that, but it's your merit that you called our attention to
it ;-)

> It would be perfect if - via Custom backtester? -
>
> > a second pane with such a chart could be created just by clicking
>
> the Equity
>
> > button in AA. But I don't think that's possible.
>
> Now that Tomasz has showed us what it can do I expect people are
> going to ask for the one button solution.

Yes, an even better alternative would be to integrate it into the Backtest
Report.

> Actually, AFL still doesn't
>
> > allow to address/create specific panes at all - I don't think this
>
> has
>
> > changed, hasn't it?
> >
> > Thomas
>
> I still have a lot about AB to learn so I am not sure.
>
> What is an example of what you would like to do?

An easy example: Let's say you have a chart sheet where you display an index
or a stock in the first pane and an indicator in the second pane. In the
indicator code you defined buy and sell rules and you want to display the
respective buy and sell arrows with PlotShapes() - but not in the second but
in the first pane! I don't think that you can tell AFL to do that. (I know,
of course, that you can drag the same indicator formula to the first pane and
edit the code accordingly - but I think that's a bit circuitous.) IMHO it
would be great if TJ added this functionality. Thus, it would be possible to
tell PlotShapes() or PlotText() to display their arrows and text in, say,
Pane1 ot the respective chart sheet.

Greetings,

Thomas