[amibroker] Re: How to Calculate Probabilities and Statistics?

>>Anyway AB definitely doesn't do frequency distributions and/or plot them

I have done similar things using very simple, albeit rather tedious
methods, within AB (it is a good place to do it because I get the
visuals with the charts and also the Reports from Explorer to back up
the study).

I do use Excel a lot because I am familiar with it<<

I don't really need AB or Excel for plotting/statistics. I think you
should use the most appropriate tool for the job.

1st let me start out by saying that I am not a programmer and I don't
want to become one; however, over the years I have found it necessary
to use a variety of programming languages. IMO, the best use of AFL is
the built in array functions. If you have to write your own for loops,
unless it is something really simple, you are better off using a
different tool. Also, in my experience, if you write your own loops
instead of using the built in arrays, the formula runs slow.

AFL is a C like language and IMO is not a good choice for non
programmers. For my own programming, I use a scripting language called
Python (www.python.org). It is the easiest programming language to
learn and use that I have found. W.r.t. the current topic, there are 2
addon modules for Python that I use, scipy (scientific tools for
Python, it could be called applied math tools for Python) and
matplotlib (a plotting library designed to be an improvement of
Matlab). It is very easy to use AB to take the analysis as far as the
built in array functions can, then output the data to a file and use
matplotlib/scipy to finish and plot the results.

>>I guess by Pivots that you mean the (H+L+C)/3 version<<

I have a number of things I would like to test. There is more than one
way to calculate Pivots and S/R (3 I know of are traditional, Woodie
and Camarilla). I also read an article in which the author compared
Pivot-S/R to random S/R lines and claims there is no value to
Pivot-S/R. I need to verify that research.

Bill