[amibroker] Re: help needed on adx coding.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> It was discussed in detail before. Use search.

Tomasz,

No one could ask you personally to do more for us than you already do
so I am not complaininhg or criticizing. I would, however, like to
put forward another perspective on this issue of searching.

Many times you and others say - "it has been discussed before many
times and search the board".

It is true that often people are more enthusiastic about getting
others to help than they are about helping themselves but please
consider this:

1) I am not one of them and IMO finding the information we need
(assuming it is 100% there in the first place) is absolutely the
worst part of the Amibroker experience.

2) I wasn't here before. That's not my fault - just life's
coincidence.
I can't possibly read every message from the past - anyway many
things have changed and a lot of the info is out of context or
redundant so it is a long search for an occasional gem.

3) I am researching for some answers on Amiquote at the moment, to
add some detail on the subject to the UKB. I got thousands of hits
under AmiQuote, when searching this forum, but most of them are
irrelevant because it appears that in the past a link with Amiquote
in it was at the bottom of all messages. So in the end I just
searched "Tomasz" and "AmiQuote current" for 549 messages (that is
not thorough research but it will have to do - I now that the info I
want is in a post by Dimitri but that is another day or two out of my
life to search all Dimitris Yahoo posts). So far it has taken me 2
hours to read the first 50 messages (the search doesn't return
a 'true' thread so I have to manually manage the jump from search to
topic to thread and back for every single one (don't think I don't
feel like throwing in the towel either because the end gain will be
very small but stubborness has it's uses).

4) I wasn't around when Fred first posted his answer the first time.
I did notice the recent post.
I didn't answer because I have other duties to meet beside helping in
the forum.

If I wanted to find that post again (and I knew it was there and
that  it was by Fred) how hard would that be? How much harder would
it be if the person 'on the hunt' didn't have that prior info? Near
impossible. What would they search for? "Generalized Price Required
to Meet am Indicator Goal".

5) I have tried everything to make my searching easierm including
PGOffline which had unresolved glitches on my computer.

It doesn't get any better when I search the Ami homepage and Googling
Ami.com or Ami.net isn't a barrel of laughs either.

So, I am not looking for an argument.
I have just put my point up on the board against yours.

Regards,

brian_z

<prash454.ta@>