[amibroker] Re: TC 2007 Data

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timgadd" <timgadd@xxx> wrote:

> > while we are on the TC topic....from the discussion forum at
their
> > site (some time ago) I noticed comment that their EOD data
dividend
> > adjustment was done on a subjective basis (someone makes a
decision
> > based on the effect that the dividend paid has on the price).
> >
> > Can anyone confirm or deny this?
> >
> > (I'm on the hunt for EOD data with exact dividend adjustment).
> >
> > brian_z
>
> Yes, i can confirm this. I have only been successful in getting a
> dividend adjustment from them on a couple occasions. Your only
option
> for true/total return quotes that i am aware of is FastTrack -
close
> data only (no open, high, low, volume).
>
> Tim

Thanks Tim,

I was only at their forum for a half an hour and I noticed a
considerable amount of discussion that was about reported data errors
and the timeliness, or otherwise, of the corrections.

At least two reasons why I want accurate dividends (apart from the
fact that you need it for accurate backtesting anyway):

1) accurate custom indexes
2) for a study on the price reaction following the exday - if the
market discounts the price less than the div, after payment, is that
a bullish indicator?

brian_z