[amibroker] Re: Data on Chart Disappeared

Hi Members

Thank you but I believe I found my problem. Its just a matter of
learning to find my way around the Amibroker interface and coding in
the AFL editor as well.

I went to the "charts" tab on the left side of the screen and "double
clicked" on "Price". That brought back my data bars. I then right
clicked on the chart and chose "edit formula". I then entered all
necessary code to make the chart appear as I prefer.

The code is listed below: I simply opened a chart that came with the
Amibroker trial version and added to it the syntax code to display the
30 day SMA which is...

Plot(MA(C,30),"30-MA", colorBlue, styleLine);

and then I simply pasted into the AFL editor the simple system I
created in Amibroker's AFL wizard. It is....

Buy = 	Close   >  MA( Close , 30 );

Sell = 	Close   <  MA( Close , 30 );

Short = 0;

Cover = 0;

All other code was already there, placed in by Amibroker. The location
where I entered my code was just a guess as I am new to coding. The
complete code is listed below...

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
Plot(MA(C,30),"30-MA", colorBlue, styleLine);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g,
Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC(
C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle |
ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
_SECTION_END();
Buy = 	Close   >  MA( Close , 30 );

Sell = 	Close   <  MA( Close , 30 );

Short = 0;