[amibroker] Re: Struggling to Learn

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Actually it is covered fully in the User's Guide:
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_understandafl.html

I am satisfied that the manual gives a good explanation of the
processing logic behind AFL, what I don't understand is how a
mathematical operator can condition discrete values without
referencing them as discrete values - surely it is a pseudo 'all at
once' operation, albeit a more efficient one? (I suppose if they are
in a pseudo table at the lower level than can be processed in
parallel).

I am referring to the "work on arrays at once and it is executed at
full compiled-code speed" and "in single compiled step" statements in
the help manual paragraphs.

"When AFL is evaluating statement like this ( High + Low )/2 it does
not need to re-interpret this code for each bar. Instead it takes the
High ARRAY and Low ARRAY and adds corresponding array elements in
single stage. In other words + operator (and other operators too)
work on arrays at once and it is executed at full compiled-code
speed, then the resulting array (each element of it) is divided by 2
also in single stage.

Let's look into the details - see fig 2.. When AFL engine looks at
the ( High + Low )/2 it first takes High (1) and Low (2) arrays and
produces (in single compiled step) the temporary array (3). Then it
creates the final array (4) by dividing each element of temporary
array by two. This result is assigned to myVariable."

I expect that someone without machine langauge or compilation
experience is not going to understand such a thing anyway.

Also it is a technical point that isn't going to improve my AFL
writing any so if there is a quick and easy explantion that would be
great but if not it doesn't matter and don't worry about it.

As always thanks for your response and help - look where it's taken
me so far :-)

brian_z