RE: [amibroker] Renaming Ticker Symbols

Thanks for the code Duke.  I added the Full name, Market, Industry, and Group to the output and this allowed me to export that data to csv.  Now I just can’t find a way to import the stocks with the Industry, Group, or Markets that I have organized them into.

Thanks,

Matt

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Duke Jones, CMT
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:38 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Renaming Ticker Symbols

Matt, Not sure how to do a bulk ticker change in AB but you can quickly
find the symbols with a scan similar to this and then export the tickers
from the watch list to excel change them and then import them back in.

/* Use to find various tickers that will then be added
to watch list */

/* Be sure to change reference between " " in Filter

Examples: Symbols
" " = For QP Preferreds i.e. IBM P
"-" = IBM-P
"_" = IBM_P
*/

// Change Watchlist Number

AddTextColumn(Name(),"Name",1.2,colorBlack);
if( Filter=StrFind(Name()," "))
{
CategoryAddSymbol( "", categoryWatchlist, 63 );

Regards,

Duke Jones, CMT

Matthew Huff wrote:

> Does anyone know how to bulk rename ticker symbols? I am trying to
> remove the .OB at the end of many symbols.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Matt