Re: [amibroker] Re: Struggling to Learn

Brian

Thanks for you interest in this.

Your indicator is not quite what I had in mind.

Rather than bands, I was looking for one trend line that plotted below the bars while in an uptrend, (x% below the Highest close of the lookback period - the period increases each bar until the cross) and when the bars crossed the trend line at the start of a downtrend, it would jump up and plot above the bars (again, x% above the lowest close).

There is a website at

http://konkop.narod.ru/Files/4_24_28.pdf

which is all in Russian (which I don't understand) but there is a picture on page 2 .  It is the red line that I mean.

Also, QuoteTracker has the "Percentage Trend Indicator" which can be applied to charts.  This is what I am after.

Thanks for your interest in this

Rick Osborn