From: gp_sydney
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 11:49 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Is there a way to pass value from an array as input to a function that uses

> since valuewhen returns only a SINGLE value from the array

No, ValueWhen returns a whole array. If you only want the most-recent
value, use the LastValue function. Otherwise you need to decide which
value (ie. from which bar) you want to pass to the function, which
will depend on what the function is doing.

Regards,
GP

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Padhu" <ccie8340@xx.> wrote:

> folks:
>
> my programming knowledge is very limited. I am having a hard time
with this problem. Hope someone can explain this to help me understand
this.

> I am trying to use a function which uses for loops. The input to the
function is a value derived from an array.

> Say myvalue=valuewhen(rulepass,High,1);
>
> But the for loop does not allow array values to be used in it. Is
there a way I can pass the array value(just a single number) to the
function input. I tried valuewhen and it doesn't like that as well.

> Been reading the http://amibroker.com/guide/a_mistakes.html , but
not sure if I can convert an array value to numeric.

> for example:
>
> input=10;
> result=function(input); //this works
>
> whereas
>
> myvalue=valuewhen(rulepass,High,1);
> input=myvalue;
> result=function(input); //this DOES NOT work eventhough output in
interpretation window shows myvalue=10

> when the result of myvalue is numeric 10, why is that for loop
detects it as an array.(since valuewhen returns only a SINGLE value
from the array).

> Any suggestions?.
>
> Thanks,Padhu