[amibroker] Re: Drawing a line from AFL

Well, Amibroker has drawing "layers" already for manual chart mark-
ups.  Why doesn't Tomasz just provide a way to programatically get to
them?  That way, there would be no programming (e.g., looping)
required to update them on the user's part.  Once drawn, Amibroker
would take care of any refreshes needed when the lines come into the
viewable area.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxx> wrote:

> I agree loops are not very efficent, especially in real time.
>
> Depending how many lones you have, you might use combination of
static variables (containing the x,y coordinates for lineArray) and
use dynamic variables to create the name of the static variable.

> There is certainly overhead with this also, but may be less
depending on number of lines you want to keep.

chart refreshes, else it disappears.

>   Drawing a line by hand will leave the line on the chart exactly
where it was plotted without subsequent processing overhead (from the
user point anyway).

>   When I draw many lines, for example tradelines or zigzags, I need
to use a loop and the overhead gets too much (using 5 sec bars).
While if the line would stay displayed like a study, it would require
no maintenance. All I would need to do is calculate the last leg. far
more efficient...