Re: [amibroker] anybody use volumeBar chart?

Jack,

I use Volume Bar charts all the time on a 5 second database.

Any indicator that uses the Avg, Close, High, or Low for the data source will change the value at the last bar during realtime data feeds as the values change.

You can use the Open for the data source and the values will not change during the last bar.  It will be effectively be using the close of the previous bar.  However, your indicators will not be real time, but delayed by a bar.  This may be what some people want, but I like the heads up of how the bar is developing.  When the bar is close to being complete, the probability is much higher that the High and Low will not change.

The AB program is not designed well enough so that it can predict the High, Low, and Close of the current bar before the bar closes.  Many people have asked Tomasz  to add this feature, but he stubbornly refuses to enable this capability.  I am sure he already has it implemented for his own personal trading, but selfishly does not want to share it with the rest of us so that we can all become billionaires overnight.  It makes me mad to be put at such a disadvantage to other traders, but I will keep working on my AFL indicators to try to put this feature in on my own --and when I do, I will share it with everyone free of charge.

(the previous paragraph is meant for entertainment purposes only.  Do not try to trade with data that does not yet exist unless you have the supernatural ability to see the future.)

Have a great weekend,
Dennis