[amibroker] Re: Using Amibroker with External Data for different Exchanges

Hi Bill,

I simply want to assign the symbols to a particular market so that I
can easily grab them when I want to backtest a system.

I was advised by some others that arranging ones data into the
correct layout prior to working within AB was very important so hence
all my previous questions.

Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie out....

All the best...

Chorlton

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <fimdot@xxx> wrote:

> What do you want to have when done?  I thought a name + exchange in
a chart title.  If so, this is best done in the symbol's name in the
metastock file.  I do this with Metastock's Downloader when I specify
what should be downloaded.  But you say that you cannot do this.  In
that case, adding the exchange via symbol|information will give you
the desired fullname().  Maybe you can figure out how to do this in
AFL.

> If on the other hand you only want to assign the symbols to a
market then I would import one exchange at a time and use
symbol|organize assignments to place them in the proper market in one
shot (configure includes one exchange folder at a time for this
process and all exchange folders when done).  If it is possible to
use AFL to pickup the market category for the symbol and print it out
then this would give you chart title control.

> Bill

Metastock
> > Downloader).  In this case, there is another way to go.  When you
set
> > up Metastock data plug-in you also have to set up the folders
from
> > which it will import data.  At this point, AB reads the name in
your
> > metastock folders which does not contain exchange info.  However,
you
> > can add the exchange info by adding it to the name or symbol
under
> > the symbol information tab within AB to reflect the exchange.
That
> > change will be displayed in AB (fullname() and name()) and not
affect
> > your metastock data and downloads.
> >>
> >> Bill

Release