[amibroker] Re: Using Amibroker with External Data for different Exchanges

Bill,

Thanks for the prompt reply!!!

"....However, you can add the exchange info by adding it to the name
or symbol under the symbol information tab within AB to reflect the
exchange.  That change will be displayed in AB (fullname() and name
()) and not affect your metastock data and downloads...."

Will I need to add this exchange info to EVERY security that I import
into AB? If so, considering the number of securities I have within
the two exchanges, I may consider using watch lists to seperate the
exchanges, which according to what I've read can be imported straight
into AB.

Have you any views about this other approach?  The reason I ask is
that you are obviously very experienced with AB, and I would rather
get things set-up effectively first time.

All the best,

Chorlton

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <fimdot@xxx> wrote:

> It sounds like you do not have any control over the name and symbol
supplied by JustData as other downloaders provide (e.g., Metastock
Downloader).  In this case, there is another way to go.  When you set
up Metastock data plug-in you also have to set up the folders from
which it will import data.  At this point, AB reads the name in your
metastock folders which does not contain exchange info.  However, you
can add the exchange info by adding it to the name or symbol under
the symbol information tab within AB to reflect the exchange.  That
change will be displayed in AB (fullname() and name()) and not affect
your metastock data and downloads.

> Bill

Amibroker?

> > especially