[amibroker] Re: Kagi indicator

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <fimdot@xxx> wrote:

> The pattern is correct but the time axis is wrong.  Kagi's are time
independent and the x axis is compressed and expanded as needed when
the date is shown.  To the best of my knowledge, AB does not permit
this and when the tooltip is passed over the chart the date shown is
the same as the x axis and not the date associated with the data.  As
a result, although AB can duplicate the pattern the user has no idea
how to associate the proper date with the pattern which I assume most
want to do.  I think this is the problem imorf69 was referring to in
his note yesterday.

> Bill

actually, your point may be valid in itself, but in regards to my
comment, I have since found out Bullcharts offers two versions of the
Kagi, their modified version smooths out the daily swings so that
daily moves that are still in the same trend move the entire
horizontal line up or down so that each swing wave which may last for
days or weeks is displayed as one continuous level, so it is extremely
easy to read (plus differentiates upswings and down swings by changes
of colour and line thickness).