[amibroker] Re: setbarsrequired() messing up function

That is correct: I'm looking for the weekly relstrength of the base
index to the sp-500 displayed on a daily bar chart, so that I can use
this the values in scanning.  My problem is that the chart displayed
with relstrength does not match up with the values that amibroker is
getting (via scan or exploration).  This is because amibroker uses
all bars in scans and explorations while the plotted indicator does
not.

What I want is the values that correspond to the plotted indicator
NOT the values that you get from scan or exploration.  I've even gone
so far as to try and create my own version of relative strength
(c/sp500), but that didn't work either for the same reasons.  I do
greatly appreciate your help Graham!

JH

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxx> wrote:

> I am not sure what you want but what you are getting is the
> relstrength of the baseindex to sp-500 symbol
>
> If all you want is the relstrength of the chosen symbol to sp-500
> symbol then, make sure you have the correct matching symbol name for
> the sp-500 ticker. Also remember that the number of bars used is
only
> those of the symbol selected, not the foreign symbol.
>

>  TimeFrameSet(inWeekly);
>  xp=RelStrength("sp-500");
>  MA10=EMA(xp,40);
>  TimeFrameRestore();
>
>  f=TimeFrameExpand(xp,inWeekly);
>  g=TimeFrameExpand(MA10,inWeekly);
>
>  Plot(f,"relstrength",colorBlack,styleLine);
>  Plot(g,"ema10",colorGreen,styleLine);
>
> --
> Cheers
> Graham Kav
> AFL Writing Service
> http://www.aflwriting.com
>

> On 28/10/2007, jeffro861 <jeffro861@xxx> wrote:
> > Could somebody please help!  I'm at a standstill right now.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JH
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jeffro861" <jeffro861@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thomasz,
> > >
> > > If I put this as an exploration, with the value for f and g set
up
> > in
> > > columns, it's apparent that amibroker is using the
setbarsrequired