[amibroker] Re: Modifying the Buy and Short Arrays

Hi,

If you want to continue down the path you are describing, you can
write custom backtester code that iterates through the signals.

Check for exit signals, calculate the gain, zero out unreasonable
trades.

Iterate through the Signals using getFirstSignal/getNextSignal. Use
the FindOpenPos method of the Backtester object (passing the symbol
found in the Signal object) to get the opening Trade. Use the exit
price from the Signal object against the entry price of the opening
Trade object to calculate the gain/loss.

If the gain exceeds your threshold, you can change the exit price of
the Signal object to be equal to the entry price of the opening Trade
object, thereby rendering the open/close roundtrip as a zero gain
trade.

There probably better ways of addressing your underlying problem
(i.e. get reliable data provider), but I believe that the above will
satisfy what it is you are trying to do.

See http://www.amibroker.com/guide/a_custombacktest.html for a better
description of all the methods mentioned.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jacklweinberg" <jacklweinberg@xxx>