[amibroker] Re:DDE Plugin

Hello

> And of course you assume that they are correct.
>
> And of course we are to blame.
> How come then that our plugin works with other vendors?

Yes! you may very well be right or wrong. I have been able to
establish a connection with the DDE running on MT4, though this is a
windows program so the DDE would be compatible.

My brokers Real/Demo trading platform along with the Moneyforex.com
DEMO platform run on JAVA and I cannot obtain a correct connection to
the DDE Server running on these trading platforms, is this because
they are JAVA based programs.

> The truth is that when you contact the broker you speak with
> ordinary "customer support" people that have NO IDEA what they are
talking about
> when it comes to technicals.

Over six months I have spoken with my broker regarding this problem
and have tried to speak with FINATEK who produce the trading
platform software, my broker cannot do anything because they say
they have been advised by FINATEK that the DDE is running correctly.

In the only email received I from FINATEK they advice that I should
seek support from my broker, because they (FINATEK) cannot offer me
(End Users) support. I should seek support from my broker who now
refuses to offer that support for DDE.

> The answer is: no, their server is NOT correct. If you see "yellow"
> it means that it does not send DDEAdvise updates properly,
> OR... you did not configure the plugin correctly (did not fill
the "Last" field with proper
> field definition that of course depends on the source you are
using).

I would agree that the DDE advice updates is not being sent properly
is this due to the trading platform server not being correct or is
this because Amibroker is having a problem connecting to a DDE server
running on a JAVA platform.

I would add that I configured the DDE plugin using the information
provided by Marcin Gorzynski. And this allowed some data to be
received, though the data was unusable to produce charts.

> As DDE is generally non-standarised and each
broker/vendor "invents" it on its own
> the DDE is "general-purpose" plugin provided on "as-is" basis.
> It means that while it works with dozen of vendors it does not
>mean that it
> will work for each and everyone. You should better look for broker
that has some dedicated plugin.

While I had this problem with the DDE server/Plugin with the software
offered by my broker, I also tested the DDE plugin with a DEMO from
MoneyForex (Who is Not my broker) and found the same connection
problems with the DDE Plugin remaining "Yellow" and Amibroker only
receiving bad tick data.

MoneyForex offered and sent me an API to use in place of the DDE
server, the comapidoc explains the following:-

All interfaces of the COMAPI are accessible to import from the next
TypeLibraries (tlb files). They reside in "<user's
directory>/myforex/com" and can be used to automaticly generate code.

I was also provided with COM_API_delphi.zip and MyForexCOMAPITest.exe

However I have no idea how to use any of this, and my broker does not
have any knowledge of this API.

Any ideas.

Plugin
> > status being "Green" connected.
> >
> > My problem is trying to connect to a DDE server running on my
> > trading platform which is a Java Based platform, the company that
> > produces the software is Finatek and is used by companies like
> > MoneyForex (this is not my broker).
> >
> > The DDE Plugin Status is "Yellow" and data bars are being
retrieved
> > by Amibroker though this data is not correct, there are
irregular
> > data spikes.
> >
> > I have contacted my broker who has said the data is correct and
the
> > DDE server is functioning correctly. This means that the problem
> > should be with Amibroker, as the Plugin Status is Yellow then
this
> > points to being a problem with Amibroker not connecting to the
DDE