[amibroker] Re: Could someone point in the right direction...

Steve,

I wanted to thank you again for your help...

I was able to achieve what i was looking to do using your second
suggestion. If you would like to take a look at my finished
exploration you are welcome. It provides a list of stocks still in an
uptrend or down trend based on the Trading Chaos theory of the
alligator. These returned tickers are trending and we are able to
take additional positions when the stock breaks thru the fractal.
I particularly like the number of days column ( which can be sorted )
to tell how many days the 3 moving averages on in an uptrend.

The only flaw remaining to correct is stocks that have been trading
in the same range ( within 50cents) for long time. which i am still
working on to correct...

Thank you kindly for your help... it was invaluable.

Best regards,

Tony Alcamo

// exploration adapted on Trading Chaos Theory by Bill Williams
A=((H+L)/2);

VolAvg = MA( V, 30 );
VolumeIdx = V / VolAvg;

AlligatorBlue =Ref(Wilders(A,13),-8);
AlligatorRed  =Ref(Wilders(A,8),-5);
AlligatorGreen=Ref(Wilders(A,5),-3);

INTRENDbullish    =IIf(  AlligatorGreen  >  AlligatorRed  AND
AlligatorGreen  >  AlligatorBlue  AND  AlligatorRed  >
AlligatorBlue  ,1, 0);
NotinTrendBullish = NOT INTRENDbullish     ;
BullishTrendBars     = BarsSince( NotInTrendBullish );

INTRENDbearish=IIf(     AlligatorRed > AlligatorGreen AND
AlligatorBlue  >  AlligatorGreen    AND   AlligatorBlue >
AlligatorRed    ,1, 0);
NotinTrendBearish    = NOT INTRENDbearish     ;
BearishTrendBars     = BarsSince( NotInTrendBearish );

h52w          =HHV(C,225);
Off52wh       =(HHV(C,225) - Close)/HHV(C,225) ;

l52w          =LLV(C,225);
Off52wl       =(Close-LLV(C,225))/LLV(C,225) ;

Filter = (C > 10 AND  BullishTrendBars >=1 )  OR (C >15 AND
BearishTrendBars >=1);

AddTextColumn( IndustryID( 1 )  , "Industry name"     );
AddColumn    ( Off52wh          , "Off52WeekHigh"    );
AddColumn    ( BullishTrendBars , "BullishDays "   ,1);
AddColumn    (
h52w             , "52WeekHigh"      ,1.2,colorDefault,IIf( Close==HHV
(C,225), colorGreen, IIf( off52wh  < 0.10, colorYellow,
colorDefault )));
AddColumn    ( Close            , "Close"             );
AddColumn    ( BearishTrendBars , "BearishDays "   ,1);
AddColumn    (
l52w             , "52WeekLow"      ,1.2,colorDefault,IIf( Close==LLV
(C,225), colorRed, IIf( off52wl  < 0.10, colorOrange,
colorDefault )));
AddColumn    ( Off52wl          , "Off52WeekLow"    );
AddColumn    (
VolumeIDX        , "VolumeIDX"       ,1.2,colorDefault,IIf(
VolumeIDX  >1.5, colorGreen, colorDefault  ) );
AddColumn    (
Volume           , "Volume"          ,1  ,colorDefault,IIf( Volume
>500000, colorGreen, IIf( Volume  > 250000, colorYellow,
colorRed)  )  );
// end of exploration

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> Tony - 2nd arg of  For Loop means to continue looping *while* the
condition
> is true, not *until* it is true. You have initialized Stop to zero
but then
> told the Loop to keep looping as long as Stop >0.  You should
change the ">"
> to "==" ( 2 equal signs ), *but*...
>
> Now that I have looked closer at your code, it is also wrong that
you are
> using array-based IIF inside the loop - to walk the arrays, you
should be
> using IF ( non-array ) and [] subscripts to check each element one
at a
> time. It is usually easier to just use array-based AFL - does the
code I
> gave you yesterday work?
>
> Steve

AND
> > Ref(AlligatorGreen,i) > Ref(AlligatorBlue, i) AND
> > Ref(AlligatorRed,i) > Ref(AlligatorBlue, i) ,1, 0);
> >
> > // if in uptrend increment the NumberOfDays variable
> > if (CheckAlligator == 1 )
> > NumberOfDays = 1 + NumberOfDays;
> > else
> > stop = 1;
> >
> > }// end for loop
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hi - In 2nd arg of for loop header, you are assigning a value of
> > zero
> >> instead of testing for it, so I am guessing the expression
returns
> > zero and
> >> so is never true. Might be easier to do this without a loop,
> > something
> >> like...
> >>
> >> InTrend = AlligatorGreen > AlligatorRed AND AlligatorRed >
> > AlligatorBlue;
> >> NotInTrend = NOT InTrend;
> >> TrendBars = BarsSince( NotInTrend );
> >>

> >> Steve