[amibroker] Re: Could someone point in the right direction...

Steve,
Thank you for your response.
I tried changing the 2nd argument to a test (but it still does not
work (see below). I still get the same results. Any suggestions?

I will explore your second option.
Thank you.

Tony

CheckAlligator = 0;
 stop =0;
 NumberOfDays =0;
 for ( i=-1; stop > 0 ; i--)
 {

 CheckAlligator =IIf( Ref(AlligatorGreen,i) > Ref(AlligatorRed,i) AND
 Ref(AlligatorGreen,i) > Ref(AlligatorBlue, i) AND
 Ref(AlligatorRed,i) > Ref(AlligatorBlue, i) ,1, 0);

 // if in uptrend increment the NumberOfDays variable
 if (CheckAlligator == 1 )
 NumberOfDays = 1 + NumberOfDays;
 else
 stop = 1;

 }// end for loop

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> Hi - In 2nd arg of for loop header, you are assigning a value of
zero
> instead of testing for it, so I am guessing the expression returns
zero and
> so is never true. Might be easier to do this without a loop,
something
> like...
>
> InTrend = AlligatorGreen > AlligatorRed AND AlligatorRed >
AlligatorBlue;
> NotInTrend = NOT InTrend;
> TrendBars = BarsSince( NotInTrend );
>

> Steve