Re: [amibroker] Re: Candle formations and automated trading

Alex --
I don't know what the previous responder suggested and hope I don't just repeat his answer.  Also I have not read your original question.  Bearing that in mind:

For intraday data just use Ref(signal, -1).  That should be available the second a new bar is started.  However, this won't happen for the last bar of today until the first bar tomorrow.  To handle this, you might be able to have a script check your computer clock (assuming it is accurate) and if it is after trading hours, use the signal directly instead of Ref.

For EOD, depending on your data source, you may want to use a similar clock script as for intraday data.
Worden EOD service updates daily bars during the day (with a 15 minute delayed, I believe).
-- Keith

dralexchambers wrote:

My apologies again! I am trying to break a bad habit :)

How does this look now?

Thanks,
Alex

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, Keith McCombs <kmccombs@xx.> wrote:

> Alex --
> I know the answer to your question. But I won't tell you what it
is
> because you didn't include the rest of the thread.
>
> As I said in a previous response to one of your postings, "Whey not
> include the rest of the thread?"
> -- Keith
>
> dralexchambers wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your reply, but that doesn't answer my question.
> >
> > It is quite simple - how do you avoid buy/sell signals being
created
> > when the 5min (or whatever time frame) bar is FORMING - and only
when
> > the bar has FORMED.
> >
> > Alex