Re: [amibroker] Need help with setting a variable to 1 if condition is matched otherwise set to 0- Solved

ok...After trial and error, I have fixed it. I was trying to use NewBar_Started=1 inside the if. So I created an array and used lastvalue instead.

Current_Timenum=TimeNum();

Previous_Timenum=Ref(TimeNum(),-1);

Newbar_Difference=Current_Timenum-Previous_Timenum;

Newbar_Difference_100=(Newbar_Difference ==100);

"Newbar_Difference is "+Newbar_Difference;

NewBar_Started=IIf(Newbar_Difference_100,1,0);

"NewBar_Started value "+NewBar_Started;

if( LastValue(NewBar_Started) AND LastValue(Ref( Cover,-1) ) )

What this code does is to wait for 1minute after the completion of the most recent hourly bar signal and then write the orders to the file. The earlier nuance I had was that AA was writing to the file EVERY TIME AA was scanning.

I tried using Alertif to run the _vbscript_ to write orders to a file. Unfortunately Alertif doesn't support scripts yet. So this has to be an exe. I will submit a reuest to support script launching from alertif on the suggestions box. If anyone else thinks it has value, pls chime in on the suggestions board.

Thanks.

Cheers,Padhu