[amibroker] Re: Can someoneplease code up this simple system

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edward Pottasch" <empottasch@xxx>
wrote:

> yes Ref(Buy,-1) basicly shifts all elements of the array Buy 1 bar
forward in time. The close price is used to trigger a signal. In
reality it will be hard to develop a system that enters at the close
except if you follow 1 stock or a few but if you track a few 1000
stocks then the earliest you can enter a position is at the open of
the next bar. See also manual for Ref,

> rgds, Ed

Does that mean that the Portfolio backtester passes up the stock if
there is no room to purchase. Conversly if you remove Ref(Buy,-1), is
the stock purchased when the portfolio allows this. Ref(Buy,-1) seems
to impact the performance of the portfolio backtest. To tell you the
truth this is the 1st piece of code I've seen this used.