[amibroker] ChartID() ==0 after apply edit for one AFL pass

Hello,

I have been writing some AFL that reads and writes files into folders
that are tagged with the ChartID() in the name of each.  I have
noticed that whenever I apply an edit to the AFL of my chart, the AFL
runs through one pass (for error checking and "compilation") with the
ChartID() returning zero.  Then the normal ChartID() is returned
after that.  I have gone through some pains to reduce the side
effects of this which is creating extra folders and files and reading
bad information into my chart static variables on this first pass.  I
check for ChartID()==0 and disable writing critical information and
dummy up other critical file read information during that pass.

I am curious if others have run into this and how you handled it.  I
am also curious if this is the "designed in" behavior or an
unexpected behavior.

PS.  My charts are running live in indicator mode while I am editing
my AFLs.

Thanks for you insights,
Dennis