Re: [amibroker] Bad tick filter

Hugh,

The longer the timeframe of your database, the less accurate this becomes --you start removing legitimate data peaks along with bad ticks at anything over a tick database.  With 5 second database the effectiveness drops noticeably.  With 1 minute it is hopeless.

However, you can use an ATR based approach to remove the largest price swings.  For instance, if they exceed 5 ATRs knock it back to 3 ATRs.  Opening gaps would have to have more headroom though.  You would have to experiment with the limits.  This could remove really wild bad ticks and not hit the real data too much of the time.

Dennis