Re: [amibroker] how do download or import local database

If you are not wanting to use Yahoo data, and have a local database (i use CSI) then yu can do the following:

  • Save your data using your download application (in my case CSI's unfair advantage) in metastock format
  • In Amibroker, create a new database (File>New>Database)
  • Select location and hit Create
  • Select Metastock@ Data Plugin
  • Select number of bars you want to view
  • Select Configure
  • Add file locations as necessay (note when selecting the file locations you need to select the 'Master' file which gets created when you saved the original Metastock files)
  • Hit 'Retrieve Symbols'
  • Hit OK
  • Hit OK on database settings screen
Your database now reads the metastock files and Amibroker will update it's charts automatically.

wavemechanic <fimdot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.amibroker.com/docs/ab304.html