RE: [amibroker] Script to call an exploration and return file/output?

… and AA.Export to get the results to a file … or you could just use BatMan ( Files Section ) to build attachments for emails or web pages as this was pretty much what it was intended to do

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Landry
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 6:14 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Script to call an exploration and return file/output?

Geoff - Yes, as far as producing a report from the Explore function, I've used jScript. I've not worked the email port of your question.

I think you'll find what you need in the Users Guide/AB Object Model

I've used the Analysis object with these methods.  AA.Explore();  and AA.Report(); to produce and store the report.

JOE

 This is from the COM OBJECT section in the Users Guide.
AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");

/* retrieve automatic analysis object */
AA = AB.Analysis;

/* load formula from external file */
AA.LoadFormula(
"afl\\macd_c.afl");

/* optional: load settings */
// AA.LoadSettings("the_path_to_the_settings_file.abs");

/* setup filters */
/* backtest over symbols present in market 0 only (zero-based number) */
AA.ClearFilters();
AA.Filter(
0, "market" ) = 0;

// uncomment line below to
// AA.Filter( 1, "market" ) = 2; // exclude 2nd market

/* set apply to and range */
AA.ApplyTo =
2; // use filters
AA.RangeMode =
0; // use all available quotes

/* run backtest and display report */
AA.Explore();
AA.Report(
""); // empty file name means display report