Re: [amibroker] Re: Optimization Help

Hello,

For starters: there is not big difference if you choose Cross vs > function.

Cross checks essentially '<=' condition on previous bar and '>' on current bar.

The results would be the same (with the possible exception of very first
trade that > will give you at the beginning of backtest) because
under normal circumstances you are allowed to hold only ONE open
position for one symbol. So it does not matter if you have repetitive signals
- they will be simply ignored until matching sell occurs, see this how it works:

http://www.amibroker.com/gifs/bt_regular.gif

As to your question regarding optimization, your results do not change
when second (MA2) changes because your ENTRY rule does not depend on
MA2. Only MA1 is used in "Buy" rule and it decides which trades are taken or not.
MA2 is used ONLY for exits and because of small averaging period exits
occur right after entry so it does not modify your results, and they in fact
depend solely on entry strategy.

You should really run Scan, to find out when all signals occur to learn
the way signals are converted to trades.
And again this:
http://www.amibroker.com/gifs/bt_regular.gif

is worth studying. It shows "Regular backtest".

There are 3 other backtest modes available (RegularRaw, RegularRawMulti and rotational)
but I would suggest to start with the regular first.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com