Re: [amibroker] RSI Calculation wrong?

I believe this is same as AB in AFL (plots match), although my encyclopaedia uses EMA not Wilders

PerRSI = 14;
MUp=IIf(C>Ref(C,-1),C-Ref(C,-1),0);
MDn=IIf(C<Ref(C,-1),abs(C-Ref(C,-1)),0);
Rup = Wilders(Mup,PerRSI);
Rdn = Wilders(Mdn,PerRSI);
gkRSI =  100*(Rup / (Rdn+Rup) ) ;

--
Cheers
Graham

On 27/07/07, Chris J <systemofthewave@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good evening,
 I'm using Amibroker to write a system and also the C++ language.  The problem is my RSI value doesn't match up to AmiBrokers. Here is my data for a RSI of 8 periods using GBP/USD;
the values;
1.9796
1.9810
1.9796
1.9736
1.9663
1.9629
1.9531
1.9545
1.9566
differences;
+14
-14
-60
-73
-34
-98
+14
+21
plus_average = .0049 / 8 = 0.0006125
minus_average = .0279 / 8 = .0034875
(plus_average / minus_average) + 1 = 1.1756272401
100 / 1.1756272401 = 85.0609
100 - 85.0609 = 14.9391 - my result
Amibroker shows 17.9051 - AmiBrokers
 This is the RSIa indicator using the first RSI value and no smoothed RS since it's the first value for both my system and AmiBrokers.  Driving me nuts.
   Chris