Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:41 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: IACI: Yahoo EOD Split not adjusted? Aug 08-2005

Ton, I'm not quite sure why you are getting an error. I still have
the emails about the same error with PTK. Both apps have been
installed on many computers using different Windows version and have
worked fine. So it must be an isolated problem. Googling the error
seems to indicate the occurrence with .NET apps. However, I haven't
been able to reproduce the problem so I'm not sure what to look for.
I'll let you know if anything changes.

Best,
David

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Ton Sieverding"
<ton.sieverding@...> wrote:

> I know David. But I am still getting following error message when
> running your QuotesTK application. Any idea when this will be
> solved ?
>
> Regards, Ton.

I'm
> working on allowing user defined stock lists but right now it is
only
> the major indices.
>
> http://www.piateksoftware.com/quotestk.html
>
> Best,
> David Piatek
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "wavemechanic" <fimdot@> wrote:
> >
> > When data is adjusted all data back to the first day are
adjusted
> (not just the date of the split at which you see a gap). Unless
your
> downloader recognizes splits, etc. and then overwrites previously
> collected data (I don't know of any that do) it is necessary to
> delete all data and download all of the adjusted data from the
first
> date.
> >
> > Bill

So
> my
> > > question is, is this usual? or am i doing something wrong?
> > >
> > > Aug 8th: Close 39.35
> > > Aug 9th: Open 27.8
> > >

> > > So, if this is usual then i guess yahoo data is atleast
useless
> for
> > > backtesting. I hope that i am doing something wrong! (so that
> can
> > > keep using FREE data).
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > Chaitanya.
> > >

> > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

> > > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly
> > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> > >
> > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: