[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker Users' Knowledge Base

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael.S.G." <OzFalconAB@xxx>

http://www.amibroker.org/3rdparty/AB_Trading_Framework/
> into UKB if you think it will fit in anywhere.

Hello Michael,

I haven't read the framework as yet.

Yes, we would love to have your contributions at the UKB in their own
right but also to consolidate.

I hope you will become an Author; you would be ideal for that role.

Over at the UKB the party hasn't started. We are still setting up and
the party lights are in the box in the floor if you know what I mean.
IF anyone wants to get involved with the dirty work they are welcome
but that isn't essential.

You can just sign the the Contributor Agreement, send Herman an email
asking to join the AmiBroker-UKB and start writing (as long as you
can ignore the background noise that Herman and I are making as we
build the stage then there won't be a problem).

We haven't decided on what we will do if people want us to upload
stuff for them. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
I am not saying we won't do it but at the moment we can't.

We would prefer if people become Authors and post their own stuff as
we don't have the bodies or the systems in place to provide an upoad
service (not at the moment anyway).
The mechanics of how to do that can be discussed within the AmiBroker-
UKB.

> Sorry I havn't been following UKB discussions, Can you explain the
> relation of
> http://www.amibroke <http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/>r.org/userkb/
> <http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/> and
> http://www.amibroker.org/3rdparty/UKB/

We haven't discussed these points but as I understand it:

The UKB is built on the free software program WordPress.
The software is customizeable to some extent.
AmiBroker is the administrator for the UKB and has installed
WordPress on  .org as the host site. It has been tweaked to suit our
needs.

Nothing has been said about the thirdparty site.
I assume that AB will continue with it as before; an FTP site for
those who want to share files etc via that path.

Personally I will be taking down the UKB demo structure that I put
there for discussion use while the UKB was in its formative stages.
It looks like I might leave one UKB folder there as we don't have a
file section at the AmiBroker-UKB and so we have a need for a place
to swap files amongst the Authors.

In the longer term, as the UKB grows, the need for FTP file sharing
might actually grow.
Maybe someone will come in and push a project that will give us a
more efficient way to manage file sharing in conjunction with the UKB.

Who nows?
It comes down to the users, their needs and how good a case they can
put up to Tomasz.

> & how do you find UKBfrom the main AmiBroker site?

There is no link at present.
Murthyuresh posted on this point.
It has been put on the discussion list at the Authors forum.

I get the impression that Tomasz is in the middle of a bout of
intense programming at the moment ( I wonder what he could be
writing?).
He looks after us well at the UKB but we only get our share of
attention.

When he can get to it I am sure he will let us know what he has
decided to do on this one.

Thanks for your interest, questions and offer of the 'framework'.

Brian.